Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 3

I am on the 3rd day of the Elimination & Detox Diet from Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen, and I am loving how good I feel! For once I'm actually full, not needing to snack through the morning. I feel totally balanced, no crazy sugar or caffeine cravings - I'm loving this!

Last night for dinner, I made a recipe I've been itching to try from 18 Hour Kitchen - Sweet Potato & Pea Quinoa - and it was awesome! I had to leave out the almonds, and I used water instead of broth, but other than that I made it as written. So good!!! And the perfect lunch at my desk :)



Now I won't lie, the green smoothie fast was not the most fun thing I've done, but since I really enjoy green smoothies it wasn't too bad. I was definitely drinking a lot of tea to stay warm though! Here's my favorite new recipe:

Cran-Apple Green Smoothie

1 apple
1/2 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
2 cups green cabbage
1 inch chunk of ginger
1 Tbsp chia seeds
handful of spinach/salad greens
1 cup water
dash of cinnamon

Blend everything together (I used my Blendtec) and you are good to go.

I used radicchio on hand for salad greens, so this turned out nice and pink - yummy! Hope you enjoy too :)

2 comments:

  1. Julie, thanks for checking out my blog! You're inspiring me to want to make this quinoa dish again... delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so interesting. I, too, had done the elimination diet. I started my journey in the end of December. I felt really great for the most part. Then I found myself transitioning into raw foods. That's kind of when something went wrong for me. I LOVE raw foods and I do think the more the better - but I think I was lacking in some protein. My sugar cravings got kind of crazy and I just slipped and went WAY off track... worse than it's been for months and months. I still love my raw foods, but I find that I need a little more protein (not much of a meat eater... but a little more chicken and fish and protein powder). How long did you make it on raw foods? Did you have any energy dips? I'm glad you found my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete